Between July and September 2017, 19,000 people contacted the Government calling for a strong Climate Change Bill
Between July and September 2017, 19,000 people from across Scotland contacted the Scottish Government, calling for a strong, ambitious new Climate Change Bill.
Although the consultation process has come to an end, there is a long way to go before the Climate Change Bill comes before Parliament (end of 2018). We've put together a resources hub with lots of information on how to take action, including all of our policy briefings, guidance on contacting your MSP and a timeline for the Bill becoming law. Visit now
You can also join our mailing list to stay informed about ways to join the Act for Our Future campaign.
SCCS is calling for the Government to:
- Set a target of zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 at the latest, and a reduction of 77% by 2030
- Ensure that future finance budgets are consistent with our climate targets
- Commit to actions that cut emissions and deliver and cleaner, healthier, more prosperous Scotland:
- greener farming: set a nitrogen budget for Scotland by 2020
- energy efficient homes: ensure that all homes have at least Energy Performance Rating C by 2025
- cleaner transport: phase out the sale of new fossil fuel cars by 2030.
SCCS and the Climate Coalition have created a resources hub to help you take action on the Climate Change Bill: https://www.theclimatecoalition.org/scotland-act